Thursday, April 03, 2008

Would you like a slice or the whole thing?


The rebirth of Singletrack!

What happens when you live somewhere for about 4 years and then one day happen to find a park with about 5 miles of trails within a 5 minute bike ride from your house?

You dust off the mountain bike and go for a ride. Park X is just by my house near the intersection of Norris Canyon and Bollinger. It's a very isolated park and appears to be used by very few. It's a place where the fire roads are becoming singletrack , The cowpies grow mushrooms, the Turkeys hide from Thanksgiving, and I was served a giant helping of humble pie!

In a 1:15 minute ride door to door, I climbed & hike'a'biked 1300' and the descents were crazy fun. Maybe I'll get my climbing legs back just in time for fall. Prepare to be victimized!

-Karl

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

Hey! Good luck tomorrow, although i am going to see you so i guess i can just tell you in person...so...nevermind. there.